I have to admit I am an avid coffee lover and in winter time I had the question what’s the best coffee thermos to keep coffee hot. First thing I did was to search online and to have a look on Amazon, the biggest online marketplace in the whole world.
Well to answer this question in short I would say that the best coffee thermos to keep coffee hot isn’t anything else but the best selling coffee thermos on Amazon which cost me less than $20 and does a great job. It’s the Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug and you can check here over 22k buyers reviews (Amazon.com) with rating 4.3 out of 5 stars!
I know that some may wish to see some more options and how to pick the best choice among coffee thermos in the market? Some of you may want a simple budget-friendly solution whereas others focus on quality and product features. The goal for all is the same. Do not have the luxury of time to enjoy a hot or a cold cup of coffee at home so we need a thermos for our favorite beverage.
Let me say a few words about the history of coffee thermos first. Thermos was a company founded in 1904 which started offering quality vacuum flasks to maintain hot or cold beverage at the desired temperature (hot or cold). Real soon Thermos became the No1 supplier worldwide of vacuum flasks and remains as a leading brand in the market as of today as well. The success of the firm is so big that everyone uses the brand name as a term for vacuum flasks even though these flasks may be offered by other companies. After this history brief let’s see how to find the best coffee thermos for you.
I know very well that the majority of people with outdoor activities choose randomly and mainly by the cost of the product. It’s not something I suggest because you may purchase a product that does not meet your needs and then you may have to spend some more money to get exactly what you need.
Bear in mind that each thermos is designed for a different kind of needs and activities. A festival-goer should not spend hard-making money on buying a coffee thermos that is designed for a hiker. But you don’t need to worry about it, I have made a little research on this area before you and I believe I’ve got your back. I have drawn my attention on vacuum flasks and hand-picked the best products for you.
1. Contigo AUTOSEAL Coffee Thermos
- Lids are 100% sealed
- Beverages remain hot up to 4 hours
- Cold drinks remain cold up to 12 hours
- Stainless steel interior
- Easy to clean
- Easy to drink with one-hand usability
Get more information for Contigo Autoseal on Amazon.
(This is the one I got for me and mentioned earlier!)
What I Liked
- It’s not another product among coffee thermos, there is technology in design.
- AUTOSEAL technology whereas lids are sealed and is a thermos leak and spill proof.
- Beverages remain at the desired temperature for a long time with THERMALOCK technology. More specifically, your coffee will remain hot for more than 5 hours or cold if you wish up to 12 hours. The company claims up to 7 and 18 hours accordingly and is not false. But after 4 hours your coffee will be close hot as the time served.
- Lock-It-Up button to have 100% piece of mind that you will not spill any drop of your beverage. Automatically seals between sips with the press-release of a button. You can toss it in a bag, even you can shake the bag with it and the coffee will not leak.
- Size variance from 16 – 24 oz.
- You can clean it very easy and is safe to wash the lid in a dishwasher. Inside cover opens for easier cleaning.
- You can tell that the company conducted a customers’ research to specify the needs and desires when they designed this vacuum flask.
What I Disliked
- After a while you may forget that that coffee remains hot so you may burn your tongue.
- Few people may sense a plastic smell from the cap of this vacuum flask.
2. Thermos Stainless King 40 oz
- Designed to keep beverages hot or cold up to 24 hours.
- Vacuum insulation which creates airless space between 2 walls.
- Insulated stainless steel serving cup.
- All-time classic design
- Twist and pour stopper.
Get more information for Thermos Stainless King on Amazon.
What I Liked
- It’s old-time classic design and stainless steel serving cup. The serving cup can take 6.5 – 7 oz of beverage.
- Your hand does not feel at all the temperature of the interior drink. This is achieved by the airless space between the flask’s walls.
- Thermos is leak proof even if you drive a motorcycle and carry it horizontally within your backpack.
- The retractable handle which has stainless steel links is very handy. Is a perfect detail.
- You can hold coffee, tea or other beverages for a whole day due to its size and technology.
What I Disliked
- It may be a little difficult to access and clean the bottom of the inside. You may need some chemicals to properly wash.
- It may be a little hard to open when you fill it up for the first time. You may require a little muscle force.
3. Zojirushi SM-SA36-BA Stainless Steel Mug
- Compact design.
- Fits most cup holders.
- Requires minimum space during transportation.
- Pictograph lock.
- 5 years of warranty for heat retention.
- Quality materials.
Get more information for Zojirushi SM-SA36-BA on Amazon.
What I Liked
- Beautiful color variety with a sleek and compact design.
- Well made and lightweight travel mug.
- Slim design that even fits your car’s cup-holder whereas other coffee mugs don’t.
- The lid disassembles completely for thorough cleaning. Re-assembling is easy and pretty straightforward.
- The safety lock to protect from spills during transportation, whether you toss it to your bag or hold it for your daily use. The lid will remain shut and sealed if locked.
- Additional air-hole on the lid which allows smoother pouring and less glugging.
- Rubber gasket for a tight seal and lid locks into place while drinking.
- Interior non-stick insulated coating.
What I Disliked
- It has a narrow mouth, you need to be a little careful when pouring hot beverages.
- Little pricey but for me worths the extra cost.